by Coach Fox
Our bodies are made up of a lot of water. Not drinking enough can cause thirst and dehydration, but it can also affect our brain functions and performance at the box by causing us to feel unmotivated, tired, and lazy. Don’t wait until you notice symptoms of dehydration. Actively prevent this by drinking plenty of water. Especially now with the outside temperature warming up, we need to make sure that we are hydrating enough to aid in fueling our bodies for our daily WODs.
Here are some tips to make sure you are drinking enough water each day:
- Start each day with a tall glass of water when you wake up in the morning.
- Always carry a water bottle with you. If you have desk job, keep one at your desk. It’s likely that you’ll mindlessly sip from it throughout the day without having to make a conscious effort.
- If you don’t like plain water, try adding fruit slices, cucumber, or mint to add some flavor.
- When you’re feeling hungry, drink a glass of water. Often times thirst is confused with hunger.
- Use an app on your phone to track how much water you’re drinking. Set a goal amount and hit it!
- Drink water with your meals.
- Order water when eating out at a restaurant.
- Be prepared with water before, during, and after your WOD!
What are some of your hacks to drink enough water?
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Coach Fox is a CF-L1 Coach who loves sharing her passion for the sport with others. There is no better feeling to her than seeing someone become a better version of themselves through CrossFit. For more about her, check out her bio.
The post The Importance of Hydration appeared first on .